Minister of religion

If you are a minister of religion and wish to solemnize marriages, you must contact the person authorized to represent the religious society to which you belong.

That person must complete a Demande d’autorisation de célébrer les mariages et les unions civiles (application for authorization to solemnize marriages and civil unions).

The religious society to which you belong must be recognized by the Directeur de l’état civil. For more information, contact us.

Top of page

Other useful links

Top of page

Reviewed: 2019-03-27

Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale. This link open in a new window.

© Gouvernement du Québec, 2021

back to the main menu