Mayor, council member and municipal officer

If you are a mayor, a council member or a municipal officer and wish to solemnize marriages or civil unions, you must file a written application with the Directeur de l’état civil.

You must enclose with your application a copy of the resolution of the municipal council authorizing you to solemnize marriages or civil unions on behalf of the municipality.

Top of page

Other useful links

Top of page

Reviewed: 2019-06-06

Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale. This link open in a new window.

© Gouvernement du Québec, 2021

back to the main menu